Facilitated by Keith Greer, L.C.S.W., P.C.C., R.C.P.
Abortion rights and antisemitism are frequent topics of conversation for today’s Jewish teens. Given the deep emotion inherent in conversations on such topics, confidently presenting one’s thoughts, feelings and beliefs can be extremely challenging. In fact, many Jewish teens report that they find themselves avoiding these difficult
conversations for fear of feeling dismissed, attacked, and at times, even unsafe.
If you have ever felt this way, this fun and interactive workshop is for you! This workshop will teach – and allow you to practice – strategies and skills to deploy when engaged in emotionally charged conversations. You will leave the workshop feeling confident, comfortable, empowered, and, importantly, effective!
You will learn:
How to set clear personal boundaries
• How to decide what points are important to you
• What the acronym WISE FIT teaches us about respectfully sharing thoughts and opinions
• How to respond when people are “addicted to being right”
• Where in our brain we “want to be” during challenging conversations
• How to assess a conversation for safety, trust and inclusion
• When it is time to end the conversation
• What the heck a Hula Hoop has to do with having difficult conversations
This workshop is being presented specifically to empower Rochester area Jewish teens. Don’t miss out!
Keith leverages over 40 years of experience as an Executive Coach, School Social Worker, and Family Therapist toward his compassionate, creative, and influential work with individuals, families, organizations
Keith presently provides Executive Coaching and Leadership Development services and is certified in Conversational Intelligence®, a comprehensive and evidence-based modality that combines some of the latest thinking and skill development in the neuroscience of trust and psychological safety.
Keith is the immediate Past President of Temple Sinai as well as a past RATSY Advisor.
Please RSVP to Rachel Greer at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1 to reserve your spot!
Spaces are limited!